Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birthday Party's

This year we did two birthday party's for CJ. One with the family and one with friends. They were both a lot of fun! The first one we did was with our families. Both grandparents came up with some of CJ's uncles. This year CJ is really into Thomas the train so a lot of his presents were Thomas. He loves playing with all of his new toys still, which is really nice because I think I needed new toys to play with too. :)


What a handsome kid!
He didn't care about his new clothes. He just threw them on the floor with the wrapping paper. :)
He loves his new magnet puzzles. He didn't want to open any other presents after this one.

Thomas!

He was helping Uncle T figure out how to put the batteries in the trains so that they would work.

We finally figured it out and got everything put together! Yay!
Here comes his big Thomas tent. One of mommy's favorite toys because he can't make the tent fall apart like the tents we use to make out of foam pads.

This year I ordered a cake instead of trying to make one. It was a lot less stress this way. We decided to do "How to Train Your Dragon" because that was CJ's first movie that he saw in the theaters and he really liked it. Plus it was just a really fun cake. I was so proud of CJ, we talked about blowing out the candles and I showed him where they were and he did it all by himself in one try. He was a pro. I just wish I had gotten a picture or video of him blowing them out.
CJ loved eating his cake. He ate a whole piece all by himself.

Cheeser Smile!

Our second party we did with all of CJ's friends. I was so happy we had so many people come. Out of 5 families 4 of them were able to come. It was a lot of fun. This year I decided to keep it really simple because CJ is only 2 and all of his friends are 4 or younger so we just went outside to the playground at our complex and played. We had shovels and bean bags and bubbles that we got to play with along with the swings and slide. I think it went really well. We got to play for about a while and then we ate some cup cakes. (Now one of CJ's favorite words. He always wants one when he is eating.) And then we opened presents. It was a really really fun to see all the kids play and interact, I'm really glad that I was able to do a friend party this year!

The birthday boy and his daddy!
Cassie and CJ playing with the bean bags.
Opening presents! I love seeing all the little kids so excited about all of the presents. CJ had lots of friends to help him figure out what to do with each new present. :)