Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day

This past week on Mother's Day we got to talk to my brother in law on his mission in Africa. It was really good to hear his voice and listen to all of his stories. CJ wasn't into talking to Greg on the phone and really just wanted to play and have everyone pay attention to him instead of the phone.

(A cute story for Greg)
Lately CJ has started calling people by their names. It first started out with Tys, then Dal, and then D for Derek. So I've been working with him to say Greg. I thought it would be really fun for him to show Greg that he could say his name, but everytime I tried to get him to say it, he would ignore me. Finally the night before we were going to talk to him, I decided that Greg must be just too hard right now, and maybe we could just call him Uncle G. CJ thought that was a lot better and would say "G" when I asked him who we were going to talk to the next day. Then when we get to Grandma's the next day, I ask CJ "Who are we going to call today?" and he answers "Greg"! I was so amazed! I wasn't expecting him to say his name in the first place but it was so clear too. But sadly after I made such a big deal about it he wouldn't say it again. :( But now we know that he can say it, even if he doesn't feel like it.

We had a lot of fun getting to hang out with the family all day. It was a very enjoyable Mother's Day. :)