Thursday, August 27, 2009

Birthday!

I finally have pictures from CJ's birthday party. We had a lot of fun that day even though we had to cancel the swimming party with all of CJ's friends because it was raining. Both sets of grandparents got to come up with all of the uncles (except for Greg) and watch CJ play all day.

We opened presents first. He got a swimming pool with a hose to fill it up, and some boats to play with in the pool. He also got some crayons, books, Cars the movie, a bubble blower, and a Cars car to ride on. He had fun having everyone just watching everything he was doing and showing off with his new toys.

Figuring out how to open the present

Ribbons are the best toy to play with!
He loves the movie Cars so he got a lot of lightning McQueen things. One of his favorite things was the lightning McQueen car. He was so excited when he opened it and saw what it was. He got very upset when we were taking it out of the box so that he could ride it.




So Happy
Loving his car!
Showing Grandma where he put his treasures
After he played with the toys for a while we got out his smash cake. Two days before CJ's party the lady that was going to make the cake told me she couldn't anymore, so I decided I would do it myself. The night before the party I stayed up until 3 frosting the cake so he could smash it. Most of you probably think I'm crazy for doing it but I had so much fun watching him play with it. It was totally worth it!
The first touch
Are you sure I'm suppose to touch this?
Dad stuck his hand in to show him what to do, and he didn't quite know what to think when his hand was covered with cake.
We finally gave him a spoon and that made him more adventurous
Mom, watch out, I'm going to step in my cake!
I don't want to step in it!
Yummy cake
Sharing with Mom
Sharing a cupcake with Grandpa. How sweet!